top of page


How do I know if my child needs speech or language therapy?

If you or another professional (i.e. classroom teacher, pediatrician, OT/PT etc.) have concerns or suspect a communication disorder, please feel free to call us and speak directly to a speech-language pathologist who can guide you through the process. We have great knowledge of speech and language developmental milestones, as well as an abundance of resources and suggestions we could provide you with. We may suggest a comprehensive speech and language evaluation, which would provide you with clear communication strengths and challenges, as well as recommendations for next steps. 


How do I get started?

Call or email Jackson Speech & Language Services at or 

(508) 698-7973 to discuss your concerns and set up a complimentary consultation/screening. You can also fill out the Contact Us form HERE


What's the difference between school services & private speech therapy?

There are a few significant differences between school-based speech pathology services and private speech therapy. Schools are bound to entrance and exit criteria, which are set up by the specific district or state. This criteria determines whether or not a student is “eligible” for school-based speech therapy. Typically, a student qualifies when their standardized test scores are 1.5-2 standard deviations below the mean. Additionally, within the school settings, the student’s speech and/or language challenges must impact the child academically and/or emotionally.  Within the private practice setting, the speech-language pathologist provides their clinical judgment on whether a child would benefit from therapy. Private practices are not regulated by the state to have specific criteria that need to be met. In addition, SLPs in private practice have the flexibility to embrace their creativity to develop customized treatment plans for each client to assure the child is progressing. It is possible for children to receive both school and private speech/language pathology services. At JSLS and with your permission, we consult with the child’s school SLP to share progress, determine effective treatment approaches, and share recommendations. 


Do you accept health insurance?

Jackson Speech is an in-network provider with Blue Cross & Blue Shield, United Healthcare, and Harvard Pilgrim.


We will provide you with a superbill with diagnostic and treatment codes as a statement of your services. You may submit the superbill on your own behalf to your insurance company for out-of-network reimbursement. We recommend checking your out-of-network benefits with your insurance company. We accept both FSA (flexible spending account) and HSA (health savings account) cards, as well as credit cards and personal checks. 

Get Started Today!

bottom of page